Platinum Wave Privacy Notice
What we need
Platinum Wave Limited (Platinum Wave) will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us when you submit an enquiry to us via our website, email or telephone or engage us to provide services, unless otherwise stated in this privacy notice.
When you engage Platinum Wave, we will collect, store and use the personal information that you provide to us in your instructions and during the course of our engagement. We may ask you for additional personal information during the course of our engagement, which shall be collected, stored and used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We also collect, store and use personal information relating to:
- our franchise consultancy clients, including your name, invoicing address, email address, telephone number and email correspondence;
- potential franchisees (prospects), including your initial enquiry, name, email address, telephone number, address, investment level, source of enquiry, CV, application form, non-disclosure agreement, business plan documentation and email correspondence;
- executive recruitment candidates, including your name, head office and invoicing address, email address, telephone number, CV, application form, non-disclosure agreement, business plan documentation and email correspondence;
- individuals who submit enquiries via our website, email, telephone or social media, including the contents of the enquiry and any personal information that you provide to us within the enquiry; and
- users of our website, [details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system, browser type and version, time zone setting and browser plug-in types and versions for system administration and to collate aggregate information].
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect your personal information so that we can perform our [service agreement / terms of engagement] with you, including communicating with you regarding the provision of our services.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to provide you with the requested services.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- provide franchise consultancy, franchisee recruitment and executive recruitment services;
- promote our services and franchise opportunities by sending communications and on social media;
- invite our clients as guests to our events, including franchising seminars, social events, courses and forums;
- improve our website and ensure that the content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device
- administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, and keep our website secure
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
Platinum Wave employs third party suppliers to provide services, including IT systems. These suppliers may process personal data on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to written contractual conditions to only process that personal data under our instructions and protect it.
In the event that we do share personal data with external third parties, we will only share such personal data strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal data in accordance with those purposes.
How long we keep your personal information
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes we have set out above in relation to the provision of services and in accordance with our data retention schedule. At your request or if you do not engage with us for a period of two years, we will review and may delete any information that we no longer have a legitimate reason to retain.
You can exercise any of the following rights by contacting us on email@example.com
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
- if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
- if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Platinum Wave will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
- We use a mixture of session cookies, which expire when you close your web browser at the end of your browsing session; and persistent cookies, which remain on your hard drive until you erase them or until they expire.
- The cookies we set do not contain any personal data about you, and you cannot be identified personally from the cookies: the information they contain is completely anonymous, comprising only the name of the cookie, its expiration date, and a numerical value.
- Your ability to access and use this site will not be inhibited or impaired in any way if you choose to disable cookies in your browser.
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Links to other sites
This web site may contain links to other sites. Please note that Platinum Wave is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of those web sites. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our site, and to read the privacy statements of every web site that collects personal data. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.